Pink It Up

9/19/2016 Unknown 0 Comments


For the longest time, pink has been the no-no color of my wardrobe. I was one of those girls who despised anything girly, or anything that symbolized it. Who would've thought that I would be so drawn to this color and its different shades now? Take my blush jumpsuit, for instance. 


These trousers fit me like a glove, which is rare, given my petite physique. The length was just right and the waist was neither too tight nor too loose. The color of pink might be a little hard to match, but a classic black or white top does the job. I was able to enhance it with my shoes, like my slip ons and black suede mules. 














Try to pink up your wardrobe, perhaps starting with a blush top. Pink isn't so bad, afterall.

------------------------------------

I rarely do this, but here it goes: a little insight on my own personal life currently. 
As you may or may not know already, I've gone into my second year at FIT (woohoo)! Also not so woohoo because I've unwisely packed my semester with 20 credits, 5 in-class classes and 2 online classes, and 22 hours weekly at my internship. On top of that, I'm a part of FIT's on campus boutique in one of their departments and I'm a secretary of the NRFSA at FIT. I love what I do, but it does tend to make me a little high strung and very stressed. I've just been taking it one day at a time, knowing that a semester is only 15 weeks. 

I love Kol/Her, and this is really where I get my creative rest. I will try my absolute best to stay regular here, but if I go into a lull, you'll know where I went (into the responsibilities and homework swimming pool). 

Nevertheless, I've been experiencing wonderful things too, not just all downs. I've had the wonderful opportunity, through my internship at Doneger (one of the world's leading fashion forecasting companies), to sit front row at the Sally LaPointe S/S '17 fashion show, to attend the Alice & Olivia S/S '17 Presentation, and to be a part of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Show rehearsal. 

All I can do now is to be grateful at where I am, and to just always remember my mission of why I'm here. 


photo credits: Jeru Sanchez

Top: Cotton On (similar here) || Pants: Zara (similar here) || Mules: Zara (similar here or here) || Slip Ons: Urban Outfitters

You Might Also Like

0 comments: