de·but

9/11/2016 Unknown 0 Comments

Debut
/dāˈbyo͞o/

 A person's first appearance or performance in a particular capacity or role
Synonyms: launch, premiere, introduction, inception; informal kickoff

Friday, September 9th, marked my 18th birthday. In the Filipino culture, this age is widely celebrated and is said to be when a girl turns into a lady.
 It's basically my womanhood kickoff. 

Filipino girls dream of big, grand debuts. Mine wasn't as grand, but it was very special. It was spent with the closest people to my heart. And, although my friends and relatives overseas weren't able to spend it with me, I could feel their presence. A clear roofed tent, mango birthday cake, cupcake tier, succulent and cactus as a token of appreciation for the guests, song renditions, tears and laughter. It was definitely one of my favorite nights. 











The color of blush and this wide legged jumpsuit complimented each other very well. The subtle color with the fluidity made this outfit perfect for the day I officially became a lady. A feminine color, but with the utility of a jumpsuit. 

Reminder to self on the woman I aspire to be: 
"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
She can laugh at the days to come. 
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
— Proverbs 31:25-26

Thank you to all who have greeted me, made my night so special, and to those who continue to love me and support me, especially my wonderful family. 


Blush Jumpsuit - Asos || Leather Slide - Urban Outfitters 

Photo Credits: Jeru Sanchez

You Might Also Like

0 comments: