Off the White Washed Wall

9/09/2015 Unknown 0 Comments


I'm finally a dancing queen today, young and sweet. Yes, I've survived another year. Thank you to all who have tolerated me, continually loving me, nevertheless. 
I'm truly blessed to be where I am today, to know the people I know, to be surrounded by people who support me. 

The message below was my dad's birthday greeting for me:

"Happy Birthday baby! Have fun today and do not forget to thank the Lord for all the blessings He has given you. The Lord is indeed confirming your career and satisfying the desires of your heart. We do not have much but what you have others cannot even dare to dream of. Love you baby."

So blessed to have a father like him, who never ceases to support and believe in me, even though this course may not be very typical.


This mini-shoot was taken on the High Line. It was love at first sight with this white-washed wall. Really captured my eye and I couldn't resist. I explored the famous High Line for the first time last Friday, after my Fashion Business and Practices class. So, this outfit was put together at 8 in the morning. Just a casual wear for a casual day in the city. 

I've been wearing this gray knit halter top way too much, but whatevs. It's the most comfortable thing in the world. (Scored on this one! Just $7 or $8 at H&M) I paired it with a black maxi skirt and my black high top pump sneakers. I've been very into neutrals, lately. Hopefully, I add some color to my wardrobe real soon. (Brooklyn Thrift Shops, I'm comin' for ya!)

My birthday has been amazing so far. I feel so, so loved. Big shoutout to my roommate, Eva ;) She treated me for lunch at Two Hands and I absolutely love that place! If you're at the Soho area, definitely a must go. Such a cute restaurant. I got an acai bowl and avo toast, so good (stay tuned to my Instagram: @thekoleenhernandez). My friends and I are going to another highly rated restaurant on Friday! So excited! And, of course, the weekend spent with my family and church family back in Jersey.









Oh! And a little major update, I successfully got 2 volunteering spots for New York Fashion Week (NYFW)! I am beyond excited for this. 

God bless, everyone!

Adventures Await!





You Might Also Like

0 comments: